Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Heirloom Wedding Anniversary Book


 


With our 60th Anniversary fast approaching, I decided to do something with the book that was presented to us by the pastor who performed our wedding ceremony. It is a lovely book entitled. "Day By Day, We Magnify Thee", but after 60 years sitting on the shelf, it was getting a little tired looking.  


I started the refurbishing by carefully painting the entire cover with Metallic Gold Acrylic paint.  It was delicate work painting the small border inside the cover, but I think it looks much better. 


 The polymer clay decorations were pretty much as shown and where applied to a Gold polymer clay base which you can see in the photo. The flat clay base cover was baked and cooled before gluing it on to the book. I had some Swarovski Chrystals, so I glued them into the flower centers and I love the way they look, adds just a touch of bling. ^^
The little picture of us is laminated to keep it looking fresh. 


This is just another example of the many artistic uses for Polymer Clay, hope it gives you some creative ideas of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment