Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Decorative Hair Combs






This is a short post with no tutorial, these decorative hair combs are not that hard to make. I haven’t been working much with clay lately. After a long period of non-stop work, I am feeling a bit burned out but these combs are fun to make so I thought I would post them.  




The prongs on this comb are made with polymer clay. They don't have wire in them and they get flimsy from body heat when worn, so I tried to add wire to my next project below.


I extruded a wide ribbon of clay, placed a piece of wire in the middle and worked the clay around it.  


These prongs were baked sepreately then added to the decrative portion of the comb.  Even though I had two raw sections of clay with the prongs in the middle, they did not stick so the next time I added Bake and Bond to adhere them firmly.





These Red, White and Blue comb are
 perfect for those Patriotic Holiday outfits this Summer. 



Black combs are my favorites because they show up well on my light hair, so I made several in all black.

I found these metal combs on Amazon, they come from China and they are very inexpensive. Shipping takes a long time, but it is free and well worth the wait. 


Hope you have as much fun as I do making these Hair Ornaments. 


3 comments:

  1. I love those, I'll definitely have to put the combs on my "need to get" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    Kato Jewelry Cord

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing look !! I mostly buy hair combs from HY Supplies Inc. This floral design pins are very beautiful.Depends upon my costume i could wear different pins to match that!!

    ReplyDelete